Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Weekends Go So Fast!

The weekends go faster than ever now. They just don't seem long enough for me to hold and play with Dane as much as I want to. My sister made the comment this weekend that she doesn't think she has ever heard someone talk to their baby as much as I do, telling him that he is the cutest boy I have ever seen.

Saturday I had my first offical Girls Day/Night Out. Dave had class so Grandma Evelsizer came down to hang out with Dane for a few hours. It turned out that she only had to "babysit" for about a half hour or so because I left later than expected and Dave got home earlier than expected. She got here about eleven and left about six so regardless of how long she actually had to babysit she still got in plenty of Dane time. Also while she was here I got to get a couple of things done.

I got home about 11:00 after a day at the winery and evening out with the girls. Dane, of course, then woke up at 3:00 am and instead of putting himself back to sleep like he usually does he cried for a bit. I went in and scooped him up for some cuddle time. Times have changed because as tired as I was rocking and cuddling with Dane at 3:00 am was wonderful! (However, it is not something I want to do EVERY night)

I can not believe how much Dane changes these days! He will sit in his bouncey seat and just coo, laugh, and talk. I love to listen to him. He is quite a happy baby.

I sit in front of Dane while he is in his seat and talk to him. I can tell him all about my day or what we are going to do and he just sits and smiles and coos at me like he really understands me.

Now that he is noticing so much more he seems to be wondering what the heck the camera is. I can usually snap a picture or two, but then he just starts to stare at the camera a little bit.

During the week I am up and ready before Dane (well on MOST days). On weekends I put him in his swing, turn on Cartoon Network, and then get my shower and get ready. On most days when I get out of the shower he is sound asleep. However, these naps that used to last 2 hours or more are now about 30 minutes. Baby Einstein DVDs were on his Christmas list...sometimes the Cartoon Network has some pretty weird cartoons on.

Oh how I love him! A little obsessed??? Well maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment