Thursday, October 8, 2009

Something to Make Me Smile and Almost on a Roll

Today I taught an EXHAUSTING lesson on estimating to my class. Did you know that 136 is closest to 900?? I decided that we would put the lesson to rest for today and try fresh tomorrow......so frustrating when that happens. I gave them 10 minutes to review for their science test and as I sat down at my desk I noticed my phone flashing.

How great was it to see this adorable face? My babysitter sent me two pictures of Dane.

This is Dane with the babysitter's daughter, Amanda, and two of the other little ones that go to Sue's.
TOTALLY MADE MY DAY!

I have found that since being back to work I absolutely cherish my time with Dane from the time I get home until the time he goes to bed. Thank goodness for teaching, I can be at the sitter's about 3:30 to get him on most days! Once we get home we usually snuggle for a little bit, Dane needs a little cat nap to make it through til bedtime. We also play on his activity mat. I bought one and Aunt Kara and Claire gave us Claire's to use as well. Well quite honestly he doesn't get nearly as excited when he is on mine as he does when he is on Claire's. I love to watch him smile and coo at the lights. He gets so excited he starts kicking his little legs and waving his arms.
Tonight after playing on the activity mat for a bit we tried some tummy time. Usually Dane will lift his head and look around a bit. Tonight I couldn't believe it....he started pushing over and I had to grab the camera because I thought for sure he was on his way over. He would lay flat and then start heading over again. I guess it will just be a matter of time!




His legs were kicking so much little Max almost got it in the face!

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome pictures Steph!! I can't believe how he's already kicking his legs up like that!

    ReplyDelete