Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up!

Girls at the winery...enjoyed beautiful weather, music, wine, and people watching.

Saturday I had a girl's day at the winery planned with my mom and sisters and Dave had class. Dane was going to go to Jesika's for the afternoon. When I pulled up to drop him off at Jesika's her three girls were standing there waiting for him. They were sooo excited to babysit. When I left Jesika was sitting on the couch holding him and her girls were surrounding her. Dave said when he got there to pick him up Sam, Jesika's oldest, was sitting on the couch holding him. They said he was great and they can't wait to babysit again!
When my mom and sisters pulled up to drop me off after our winery trip they all jump out of the car, leaving me to get locked in the back, and run in to see who got to hold Dane first. Dane laid on the floor and showed them how much he loves his activity mat as he smiled and kicked his legs.


Saturday night mommy and daddy played with Dane on the floor. He is really pushing up and looking around when laying on his tummy.

When I was on maternity leave Dane would take long morning naps. Just like clockwork he would fall asleep at 7:15 am and sleep until sometimes 10:00. Many mornings I would be bored waiting for him to wake up so we could take a walk. Of course he was also getting up one or two times a night. Well now Dane sleeps through the night, most of the time. He also LOVES to wake up about 5:00 or 5:30 AM to start his day!! Saturday he was up about 5:45...kind of late for him. He ate, played, and then slept about 30 minutes, long enough for me to shower. I planned to straighten the house up, but since he was up and I would be gone most of the day we played. Then when I had to get dressed and put on makeup to leave he was not very happy hanging out in his swing. He fell asleep in the car on the way to Jesika's. This morning he was up at 5:15. At nap time he slept for only about 30 minutes once again. The problem was today I was TIRED!! When I got out of bed at 5:30 I just thought to myself, you can lay down when Dane takes his morning nap. But today it just wasn't happening. He finally fell asleep about 9:00 for about an hour.......I slept as well.

When he got up from his nap we ate, got dressed, and got ready to head into Ste Gen football field to watch Gabe Greminger play football. He was in a great mood!
Dane did fall asleep on the way to Ste Gen and sleep through most of the game. He got up at 2:00 to eat, then fell back to sleep on the way home.

After an afternoon of football Dane and Daddy laid down to watch Nascar while mommy cooked and cleaned. They both ended up napping a bit!

Yahoo!! This week Mommy only has to work 4 days! I do have to work until 8:00 p.m. on Thursday night for Parent Teacher Conferences though. Since Dave has class Thursday night Dane will be heading up to Kirkwood to spend the night with Aunt Amy, Uncle Darnel, and the kids. As much as I will miss my little man I am looking forward to the night out after conferences with all the teachers AND sleeping past 5:00 AM Friday morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment