Saturday, November 28, 2009

After Thanksgiving Fun

Friday morning is the traditional Black Friday shopping trip for the Rau girls. Dave had to work so I asked Taylor if she wanted to babysit. Amy has a rule, "No kids can go with her until noon." I thought it was perfect...Taylor could babysit so I could shop in the morning and then she would have shopping money for the afternoon. Katie, Amy, all of Amy's kids, Dane and I all spent the night at my parents house. We headed out at 4:15 AM. We always have so much fun...lots of laughing (maybe from lack of sleep). Amy's phone rang right at 6:00 AM. It was Taylor and she said Dane woke up right at 6:00 like I said he would. She wondered if she should feed him right away because he was sooo happy. I told her to feed him so he would stay that way!! She did great with him all morning. When we came by the house at 11:30 he was taking a nap. We grabbed a quick lunch, then headed back out, this time with the kids.



We got done shopping about 5:00 and pulled into my mom and dad's driveway right behind Dave. He came to see Dane and I for the evening. Dave, Dane, and I went up to downtown Kirkwood to get some pictures taken.



Mama loves to feed Dane when we visit

Dave left Friday evening and Dane and I spent the night at mama and papa's again. Mama took the baby monitor in her room for the night, which is always a nice break for me! Of course, Dane did not wake up at all for mama. She heard him crying at 5:56 AM and when she went in to get him he started smiling and laughing at her as soon as he saw her. I got to sleep late......sooo nice!!!



Saturday morning Aunt Katie came over to Mama and Papa's to help put up their Christmas lights. I helped a bit. It was so nice, especially for the end of November. Dane came outside to play in his exersaucer.


No comments:

Post a Comment