Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dane's Baptism

What a great day today! Today Dane was baptized! Dane was baptized at Kirkwood United Methodist Church. Grandparents, Great Grandma, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins all joined us for the service and brunch afterwards.

Dane was fantastic. He sat with Uncle Darnel during the beginning of the service. He was happy during his baptism, but as soon as we sat down he started to fuss a little bit. This could be due to the fact that he was pretty much up most of the night on Saturday night. Too excited to sleep I guess. (Thanks to Mama and Aunt Tammy, mommy did get a little more sleep than I would have otherwise. Aunt Tammy also must think mommy is a little strict. I walked in about 1:45 am and Aunt Tammy was talking to Dane and changing his diaper. I told her, "We never look at him, talk to him, or change his diaper in the middle of the night." Though Papa Rau thought Dane got fussy because he wasn't getting all of the attention anymore.

After Pastor Dave had baptized Dane he walked him up the middle of the aisle to show him to the congregation. He just smiled at everyone.

Dane in his baptism outfit. Dave wanted me to cut the lace off his bib...but I didn't.
Sitting with Uncle Darnel waiting for the service to begin.

Baptism Service


Dane and Pastor Dave

Lifting Dane up!

Our sweet little family after church.
Mommy and Dane
Daddy and Dane
Godparents: Aunt Katie and Uncle Darnel. They were both so excited about being Godparents. Dane is lucky to have them.

Grandma and Grandpa Evelsizer
Mama and Papa Rau
Great Grandma Butler
Aunt Lisa
Uncle TJ

Thanks to my mom, dad, and sisters for their help to make Dane's baptism perfect! My mom and sisters spent Saturday shopping with me. Mom and Dad helped me prepare the food and hosted the party at their house! Thanks!


We have waited a long time for this day. It was perfect. Dane was exhausted!


No comments:

Post a Comment