Sunday, November 1, 2009

First Halloween

Dane's first Halloween was great! We enjoyed every minute with him and it got us excited about all the memories we will continue to make.

Around noon on Halloween my sisters and I took all of the kids, well actually 4 out of the 5 (Taylor wanted to spend the holiday with her friends instead of family this year, I guess that is a sign she is a teenager), to visit my Grandma. She enjoyed seeing the kids in their costumes and couldn't believe how big Dane has gotten since she last saw him, which was less than a month ago. The kids all adore their great grandma and she loves it when they come over.

It was funny because Claire is just starting to realize that Dane is another baby. After we took this picture she started playing with Dane's ear.
The Cousins-Two pumpkins, Violet from the Incredibles, and a Dinosaur. Dane was wearing the pumpkin costume that Trey wore his first Halloween. Trey has already said Dane can be a dinosaur when Trey is done with the costume.
After visiting Great Grandma we headed over to my mom and dads for the annual Halloween Party.
Mama and Dane- My mom LOVES holidays!

When Taylor was a baby my mom bought her this pumpkin with her name on it to take Trick or Treating. Each grandchild has one. This year Dane and Claire got their bags.
Some of the guys were more interested in the Notre Dame football game then Halloween. Dane joined them.

After we had our traditional Halloween dinner at mom and dads we headed out trick or treating. Dave, Dane, and Papa stayed back to watch football and open the door for trick or treaters. Dane got lots of treats from Mama and Papa.
Dane's treats- A Halloween book, his pumpkin bag, baby food, and graduate baby puffs (almost ready for those).

These last few pics are for my high school and college friends who used to join our family for Halloween. We still have the traditional meal and it still takes my mom weeks to get her house done up just right.
Food Table

Living Room Decorations
Mantle
Dane loved all the lights. The outside was even more exciting for him. She does have some witches that make spooky sounds and everytime they would go off they would scare the dog, she would bark, and Dane would cry.
As I went trick or treating with my mom, sisters, and cousins I thought about how different things would be next year. I imagine I will be pulling a wagon with a little boy in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment