Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Year Ago

A year ago:
  • We lived in Chester, IL
  • I was working as the After School Program Coordinator as well as teaching full time
  • I would get to school about 6:30 AM and leave about 6:30 PM, plus went in on many Saturdays or Sundays
  • Most evenings were spent with the laptop on my lap as I entered grades
  • My plan times at school were spent in the lounge relaxing with other teachers.
  • I would get up at 4:30 AM to go to the gym.
  • I would usually take a short 1/2 hour nap on the couch about 7:30PM.
  • I would stay up until 11:00 PM on most nights.
  • Dave worked the 3PM-11PM shift (which is why I stayed up until 11PM)
  • Our Thursday or Friday evenings were usually spent at the Chester Eagles having dinner and a couple of drinks with friends....usually late nights.

Then on November 24, 2008 I found out I was pregnant with my precious little baby.

Oh how things have changed:

November 24, 2009

  • We live in Ste. Genevieve, MO
  • I have to be at school at 7:45 and usually roll in about 7:40
  • I am offically "Off Duty" at 3:15 and I follow the buses out and hope everyday that I don't get caught behind too many so I can get to Sue's house as soon as possible to see Dane.
  • I race around school like a mad woman during my plan times getting everything possible done so I dont have to take anything home that would take away from my time in the evenings with Dane.
  • I have a parent volunteer come in every Friday to do all of my copying for the next week
  • Dave works days, 7 AM-3PM
  • My evenings are spent on the floor, playing with Dane.
  • I go to bed about 9:00 on most nights. I never know when I will get a middle of the night wake up call.
  • I wake up at 5:00 AM because I have another little person to get ready in the morning.
  • Dave and I spend many weekend nights at home hanging out with our little man. We sometimes go to dinner, but are always home by 7:30 or so.

All of these changes, but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment