Saturday, November 21, 2009

Dane is 4 months old today!

Dane is 4 months old today and is changing so much.
  • Weighs 16 lbs, 4 oz (75th percentile) and is 25 inches long (50th percentile)
  • Eats 6, 7 oz. bottles a day and is finally using level 2 nipples.
  • Wears size 2 diapers
  • Is almost wearing 6 month clothes, you can still fit into some 3 month
  • Bedtime is being pushed up a bit. You can rarely make it to 8 p.m. You must be awake more during the day. You were sleeping until 6 am, but the ear infection messed us up a bit. We are working on getting back on track. I usually don't pick you up in the middle of the night, just rub your head and turn on crib music, but when you were sick I picked you up and rocked you...afterall you had a fever of 102. Well when you awoke Thursday at 1:30 am and I picked you up and you started smiling and laughing I figured you must be well enough to cry yourself back to sleep a bit. As much as I love to rock you, I must be able to teach my 20 third graders during the day so I need some sleep.
  • Love to play with your toys now. It is so neat to watch you.
  • You are soooo loud. You love to talk and laugh, sounds I love to listen to.
  • Practicing sitting up. You are getting stronger everyday
  • Turn to look for me when you hear my voice and tend to cry when you want me to hold you.....makes me feel loved!

  • Started to play in your jumperoo
  • You are getting so big we had to take out the head support out of the carseat, move the straps up, and take the bassinet out of the pack and play.
  • You constantly have your hands or toys in your mouth. When I change your diapers and try to dress you, you grab my hands, arms, and clothes. I also have to watch my necklaces.
  • Sat in highchair at dinner for the first time
  • I can't hold you like a baby much anymore. You want to look out and see everything that is going on.
  • Parents As Teachers came to visit you
  • You had your first babysitter outside the family
  • You celebrated your First Halloween.
  • You rolled from your stomach to back when mommy happened to be off school for Veteran's Day. You are almost going from your back to your tummy, but still working on it. You are so close!

  • You love to hold onto to your little bear blanket when you are in the carseat and have also started to play with your carseat toys.
  • You watched football with Papa and had yo move your head because Mama got in you way and you couldn't see!

At your Dr. appointment Dr. Andersen told us to start giving you cereal and soon some babyfood. We headed to Target and the trip was all about you! We got cereal, baby spoons, bowls, and some baby food so we are ready. We also are ready to order your new carseat. You won't need it until you are at least 20 lbs, but we want to be ready because that could be anytime!

Dr. Andersen said you were just perfect and said she could just take you home with her because you are soooo cute!

Your daddy and I love you so much and you have made us so happy! I love every second that I get to spend with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment